Tamiya 61115 1/48 Kawasaki Ki-61-Id Hien (Tony) Model Kit
The Hien was officially adopted by the Imperial Japanese Army (IJA) in 1943, and stood out among its Japanese aircraft contemporaries in the Pacific War on account of its liquid-cooled Ha-40 engine, slimline fuselage and long, elegant wing. A number of different variants were produced, among them the Ki-61-Id which featured a 20cm-elongated nose to house 20mm cannons, plus 12.7mm machine guns in the wing. In fact, with 1,360 units it was the most prolifically produced Hien variant; its superior performance at higher altitudes meant that it was often given the brief of taking on incoming U.S. B29 bombers in the skies around the home islands of Japan. One IJA unit which notably deployed the Hien was the 244th Air Group led by Captain Teruhiko Kobayashi.
About The Model:
* This is a 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit.
* Fuselage length: 187mm, wingspan: 250mm.
* The model accurately depicts the Ki-61-Id Type Hien with elongated nose and slim fuselage.
* The inverted Ha-40 V12 is depicted complete with supercharger and other details.
* Cramped cockpit interior features 20mm cannon ammo cases, oil tank and more.
* Fuselage underside radiator showcases superb detail and accuracy, right down to the depiction of air intake slats.
* Canopy can be assembled open or closed.
* Comes with parts to recreate 2 drop tanks, 1 figure, and 2 marking options recreating aircraft of the 244th Air Group.
Notes & Tips:
* Includes a scale model which requires assembly, this is not a toy.
* Ages 14 and over.
* Choking hazard: Contains small parts.
* Actual model may vary from images.
* Does not include tools, cement or paints.
* Some modelling experience recommended.