Name: Tamiya 61044 1/48 North American F-51D Mustang Korean War.
With its excellent balance of high-speed, range, and maneuverability, the P-51D Mustang was considered by many to be the best piston-engined fighter of WWII. After the war, the U.S. Air Force became an independent entity and the P-51D's designation likewise changed to F-51D. The aircraft was still in service when the Korean War broke out and this kit depicts aircraft which saw action during this conflict.
About The Model:
The form of the Mustang has of course been accurate reproduced and a wide range of ordnance, including two 500lb bombs, six HVAR rockets, and two 75-gallon drop tanks used as napalm canisters, has been added for extra value. One pilot figure and three marking options are also included.
Notes & Tips:
* Includes a scale model which requires assembly, this is not a toy.
* Ages 14 and over.
* Choking hazard: Contains small parts.
* Actual model may vary from images.
* Does not include tools, cement or paints.
* Some modelling experience recommended.