Tamiya 35336 1/35 Ford GPA Amphibian 1/4ton 4x4 Truck Model Kit
The Ford GPA is an amphibious 4-wheel drive vehicle which the US motor giant was commissioned to produce for the US military in April 1942. In addition to the tried and tested GPW engine, its brand new hull-design body was driven through the water by a rear propeller. It took part in a number of landing operations, including the November 1942 invasion of North Africa and the highly significant Normandy landings in June 1944. Production of the GPA had already ceased in June 1943, however, with some 12,800 units manufactured.
About The Model:
* This is a 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit of the Ford GPA.
* Length: 135mm, Width: 50mm.
* The hull-shaped form of the vehicle is accurately captured.
* The engine is faithfully depicted using multiple parts and can be viewed underneath the opening hood.
* A highly realistic accent is added with the inclusion of photo-etched parts to recreate the ventilator, hatch stays and more.
* 3 figures are included, one of which depicts a driver.
* Comes with 2 marking options, to recreate divisions which served in Tunisia and Normandy operations.
Notes & Tips:
* Includes a scale model which requires assembly, this is not a toy.
* Ages 14 and over.
* Choking hazard: Contains small parts.
* Actual model may vary from images.
* Does not include tools, cement or paints.
* Some modelling experience recommended.