Tamiya 35269 1/35 M1A2 Abrams Operation Iraqi Freedom Model Kit
The M1 Abrams, officially commissioned by the US military in 1980, was designed totally different from previous post-WWII US military tanks. Although fitted with the same 105mm cannon as the M60, the M1 was powered by a gas turbine engine and was fitted with spaced armor. Planned to be commissioned by the US military over a long period, the M1 was designed with future reforms in mind. In 1984, the M1A1 was developed with a 120mm smooth bore cannon, and a further variant the M1A1HA was later developed featuring depleted uranium armor. This then led to the M1A2, which was fitted with Intervehicular Information System (IVIS), Commander's Independent Thermal Viewer (CITV) turret and new style vision block. The M1A1HA and the M1A2 both played significant roles in Operation Iraqi Freedom, being deployed by land forces as well as the Marine Corps as they moved toward Baghdad.
About The Model:
* A 1/35 scale replica of the M1A2 Abrams.
* Overall length: 283mm.
* Every characteristic of the actual M1A2 such as the Commander's Independent Thermal Viewer (CITV) and a new style vision block have been accurately reproduced.
* Parts for replication of M1A2 and M1A1HA are provided.
* Modified T-158 belt tracks.
* Clear parts for headlights, tail lights and vision block.
* Missile Counter Measures Device (MCD), smoke discharger and float brackets also included to allow reproduction of Marine Corps version.
* Combat Identification Panels (CIP), M2 machine gun, and Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) accessories included.
* Comes with Commander and loader half body figures.
* Decals for 4 desert vehicles and one NATO vehicle are provided.
Notes & Tips:
* Includes a scale model which requires assembly, this is not a toy.
* Ages 14 and over.
* Choking hazard: Contains small parts.
* Actual model may vary from images.
* Does not include tools, cement or paints.
* Some modelling experience recommended.