Tamiya 32572 1/48 Matilda Mk.III/IV British Infantry Tank Mk.IIA Model Kit
The Matilda was developed as a heavily armored infantry tank and was the British Army's main tank in North Africa during WWII. She swept aside Italian opponents and was respectfully called the Queen of the Desert by German forces. During Operation Battleaxe to lift the siege of Tobruk in June 1941, German forces famously used their 88mm AA guns in the anti-tank role as they were the only effective counter against Matildas which could be found. The Matilda has written her name into the history books as a highly effective tank which continually proved her worth during many fierce battles throughout North Africa.
About The Model:
* This is a 1/48 scale plastic assembly kit of the Matilda Mk.III/IV.
* Length: 127mm.
* The Matilda's form, including the distinctive turret, front hull and side armored skirt, has been accurately reproduced.
* The turret and front hull feature a realistic cast metal texture.
* Weights are included to be inserted in the hull and provide a realistic heavy feel.
* Assembly tracks with one-piece straight sections feature realistic sag effect.
* Commander torso figure included.
* Comes with 3 marking options to depict a tank from the North African front.
Notes & Tips:
* Includes a scale model which requires assembly, this is not a toy.
* Ages 14 and over.
* Choking hazard: Contains small parts.
* Actual model may vary from images.
* Does not include tools, cement or paints.
* Some modelling experience recommended.