Tamiya 32570 1/48 German Panzerkampfwagen II Ausf.A/B/C (Sd.Kfz.121) (French Campaign) Model Kit
The Panzer II Ausf.A/B/C variants were the mainstay tanks of the German Panzer Divisions during the Blitzkreig operations of early-WWII. They were compact (4.8m long, 2.2m wide) tanks equipped with a 140hp gasoline engine, which enabled a maximum speed of 40km/h. Although they were lightly armed with only a 2cm main gun and a 7.92mm machine gun and even their frontal armor was a mere 15mm thick, they provided valiant service during the Polish and French campaigns when the German Army had a shortage of the more capable Panzer III tanks. In particular, many Panzer IIs which saw combat in France were modified with extra frontal armor plating.
About The Model:
* Length: 101mm, Width: 46mm.
* Model depicts a tank from the French Campaign which had additional armor plates at the front of the hull and turret.
* Parts are included to reproduce the various differences between the Ausf.A/B/C variants.
* Model may be assembled with or without smoke dischargers.
* Chassis weights are included to give the model heft that belies its size.
* Assembly-type tracks feature one-piece straight sections with realistic sag effect.
* Comes with a commander figure and three marking options.
Notes & Tips:
* Includes a scale model which requires assembly, this is not a toy.
* Ages 14 and over.
* Choking hazard: Contains small parts.
* Actual model may vary from images.
* Does not include tools, cement or paints.
* Some modelling experience recommended.