Tamiya 32524 1/48 PanzerKampfwagen III Ausf.L (Sd.Kfz.141/1) Model Kit
This scaled-down version of the 1/48 Panzer III Ausf.L features masterful detail in a compact package. The tank's L/60 cannon is accurately depicted, together with impressive reproduction of the spaced armor panels added to the turret and hull front. Further exquisite detailing, which is amazingly simple to assemble, includes spare track roller wheels and miscellaneous equipment mounted onto the hull. This model includes separate parts to depict hull-side escape hatches and shot deflector below the gun mantlet, features that were dropped from later versions of the Ausf.L. Assembly type treads even capture realistic slackness of the upper track section. Kit includes 3 sets of markings to depict units including the sPzAbt 502 serving in Russia and the 10th Panzer Division in Tunisia.
The Ausf. L version of the German main battle tank Pz.Kpfw. III was produced from July 1942, and possessed basic structure and performance specifications similar to previous versions. Armament consisted of an improved, long barreled Kwk50 L/60 tank gun, which was effective against Russian T34 tanks up to a range of 600m, plus two 7.92mm MG34 machine guns. Front armor thickness was increased to 57mm, and 20mm thick spaced armor was added to the gun mantlet as well. The suspension system was strengthened to cope with the 200kg of added weight. In total 635 Ausf. L's were produced by the end of 1942, most seeing active service on the Eastern and North African Fronts.
About The Model:
Assembly model of the Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf.L on a compact 1/48 scale.
* Hull-mounted equipment depicted through a combination of molded and separate parts, realizing the perfect marriage of convenience and realism!
* Spaced armor on turret and hull front is realistically depicted.
* Includes separate parts to depict hull-side escape hatches and shot deflector below the gun mantlet, features that were dropped from later versions of the Ausf.L.
* Commander's hatch may be built open or closed.
* Tank treads are assembly type, with straight upper and lower treads made of single piece for easy assembly.
* Die-cast lower hull for extra weight and enhanced realism.
* Choice of 3 sets of markings.
Notes & Tips:
* Includes a scale model which requires assembly, this is not a toy.
* Ages 14 and over.
* Choking hazard: Contains small parts.
* Actual model may vary from images.
* Does not include tools, cement or paints.
* Some modelling experience recommended.