Tamiya 32513 1/48 WWII U.S. Army Infantry GI Set Model Kit
The U.S. army's WWII military campaign was based around its company units. At the core of these units were squads consisting of no more than twelve soldiers. Each squad included a Sergeant ranked squad leader, a Corporal ranked assistant squad leader, a machine gunner and riflemen. The most recognizable uniform worn by U.S. troops during WWII was the M1941 field jacket, based on a civilian jacket design, and the M1943 field jacket (modified version of the M1941). Featuring four large pockets, the M1943 was developed in order to standardize military uniform and was supplied to soldiers from late 1943. However, due to production delays, the M1941 continued to be used widely by many troops. Troops in winter made use of overcoats and mackinaw coats derived from civilian items, as well as mufflers, gloves and the like. Crews of U.S. armored vehicles preferred to wear the warm and functional "tanker's jacket".
About The Model:
* Noncommissioned Officer x 2.
* Rifleman x 5.
* BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle) man x 2.
* Machine gunner x 1.
* Bazooka gunner x 1.
* Loader x 2.
* Tank crewman x 2.
* Separate sprue for weapons and equipment.
Notes & Tips:
* Includes a scale model which requires assembly, this is not a toy.
* Ages 14 and over.
* Choking hazard: Contains small parts.
* Actual model may vary from images.
* Does not include tools, cement or paints.
* Some modelling experience recommended.