Tamiya 24298 1/24 Ferrari 360 Modena Model Kit
Sparked by the stunning debut of the 308GTB at the 1975 Paris Salon de l' Automobile, the evolution of Ferrari's V8 berlinetta (coupe) goes on and on. March of 1999 saw the fifth incarnation of the class, when the radically innovative 360 Modena was unveiled at that year's International Geneva Motor Show. The vibrant styling of the 360 Modena was left to the charge of inspired designer, Sergio Pininfarina, who has collaborated with Ferrari for over 50 years. Perhaps the most salient characteristic of the car is the glass-installed hatch, which slopes down from the rear of the roof and reveals the engine bay below. Also new on a Ferrari road car, is the use of aluminum to build the entire frame, with even the bodyshell and chassis components fabricated of aluminum. Its powerplant consists of a normally aspirated, 400 hp, 3.6-liter, 40-valve, 8-cylinder engine. All this hardware provides an impressive maximum speed of over 295km/h, and acceleration of 0-100km/h in a mere 4.5 seconds. The 360 Modena was named for the birthplace of company founder, Enzo Ferrari.
About The Model:
* Length: 189mm, Width: 93mm.
* Pininfarina-styled body faithfully recreated.
* Exquisitely detailed V8 engine, suspension system, and transmission.
* Realistic interior including such small details as the F1 style paddle shifters on the steering column.
* Synthetic rubber tires feature accurate Pirelli P-Zero tread patterns.
Notes & Tips:
* Includes a scale model which requires assembly, this is not a toy.
* Ages 14 and over.
* Choking hazard: Contains small parts.
* Actual model may vary from images.
* Does not include tools, cement or paints.
* Some modelling experience recommended.