With years of experience gained manufacturing an internationally renowned line-up of exceptional quality plastic nippers, GodHand engineers collated, examined and acted upon feedback from existing users. The GH-PN-120 Blade One Nipper is the result...
With precise adjustments to the nipper blade angle, at all levels of the manufacturing process, right down to the very steel the Blade One Nipper is constructed from - GodHand have maintained almost all of the cleanliness of cut provided by their renowned Ultimate single edged nippers, while providing a tool that is far more rugged overall.
Suiting beginner modellers, or newcomers to single edged nippers and those simply looking for a quality, sheer cut of thicker PS resin than other similar products can provide, the GodHand GH-PN-120 Blade One represents a true evolution in plastic nipper design and operation. Suitable for plastics only, these nippers can be used on PS, PP, ABS and PE resins to 3mm, with transparent/translucent PS resin being limited a maximum of 2mm.
Due to the sharpness of the GH-PN-120 cutting blade, you can obtain a smooth surface with little plastic whitening or gouging and with a minimum of scraping, sanding and polishing. This greatly improves kit construction efficiency, allowing you to speed through assembly steps without those often frustrating hours of sprue gate removal and clean up. The neat cut provided by the GH-PN-120 Blade One Nipper is also perfect for those whom do not wish to paint their model, a feature highly desirable to snap-fit model builders in particular.
* Material: Carbon steel for mechanical structures (manufactured by Kobe Steel Works).
* Total length: Approx 120mm.
* Weight: Approx 60g.
* Blade hardness: HRC 58 or more.
* Single-edged specification.
* Soft grip.
* Original nipper cap included.
* Made in Japan.
Double Edged v. Single Edged Nippers?
While both designs will easily remove parts from plastic kit runners or sprues - there is a fundamental difference in the user operation of each type. Double edged nippers work in the same way as side cutters or diagonal pliers, similarly to scissors they have a pair of blades which are brought together evenly to make the cut.
Single edged nippers differ from traditional side cutters in that they operate more like a guillotine than a pair of scissors. The sprue gate is placed against the lower "anvil" nipper blade and the upper "cutting" blade is brought downwards to provide the shearing action. This avoids pinching, common with double edged nippers, reducing plastic stress causing undesirable side effects such as whitening and providing the cleanest possible part removal.
Tips & Safety:
- For safety, always wear protective glasses, gloves and other protective gear.
- Cuttings may become projectiles. Use away from fragile objects & other people.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Apply oil to the metal shaft & cutting edge to prevent rust.
- Do not twist nipper while cutting, this may break the blades.
- Do not cut plastic longer than the nipper blades, this may break them.
- Do not use cutting tool to pry other objects.
- Do not touch the cutting edge directly with your fingers, use a brush.
- Do not use on plastic over cutting capacity.
- Do not cut metal, including wire.
Please note that this is a specialist tool that emphasises sharpness. If misused, the blade may be damaged or personal injury could occur.
Special Promotion, Trending Now