Part of Dragon's 1:72 Golden Wings series, this kit contains one aircraft.
* F6F-3 Hellcat authentically presented.
* Rudder can be modeled in different positions.
* Wings can be assembled open/folded.
* Engine exhibits w/fine detail.
* Newly tooled flight deck included.
* .50-cal MGs especially produced for F6F-3.
* Detailed F6F-3 fuselage presented true-to-scale w/correct shape.
* Fuselage possesses metal-skinned detailed.
* Cockpit interior details including pilot's seat and instrument panel.
* Highly detailed cockpit included photo-etched seat harness.
* Canopy can be assembled open/closed.
* Landing gear can be assembled in taxing or flight position.
* 2 realistic 1/72 scale figures.
* Intricate 5" HVARs and 500lb bombs included.
Cyber-Hobby is offering aircraft modelers something special! A WWII Hellcat fighter supplied with a section of flight deck to create an instant vignette! The single-seat F6F Hellcat, a carrier-based fighter that served in the US Navy and US Marine Corps, was a completely new design from Grumman. The Hellcat is credited with destroying a staggering 5,271 enemy aircraft. This type first flew on 3 October 1942 and it reached operational readiness the following February with VF-9 aboard USS Essex. In all, some 4,402 F6F-3 carrier-borne fighters were produced up till April 1944 before it was replaced by the F6F-5. The fighters standard armament was six .50-cal M2/AN Browning machine guns, while later aircraft possessed three hardpoints capable of carrying 900kg of bombs. Six High-Velocity Aircraft Rockets (HVAR) could also be mounted under its wings.
This new kit of F6F-3 now comes with a suitable dioramic base to allow modelers to display it in its natural habitat. Details such as the Double Wasp radial engine on this 1/72 scale kit are absolutely stunning. The cockpit features a full interior, with even minute details rendered. The transparent canopy can be displayed open or closed, thus allowing the modeler to show off all the internal detail. The wings can be shown extended or folded, as can the undercarriage. Cartograf decals offer various marking options for this famous Hellcat fighter. The kit comes with a selection of armaments (e.g. 5-inch HVAR, 500lb bomb) to produce an authentic-looking model. It also boasts two new 1/72 scale figures of deck crewman. This ready-for-action Hellcat couldnt look any better sitting on a carrier flight deck ready for launch!
Notes & Tips:
* Includes a scale model which requires assembly, this is not a toy.
* Ages 14 and over.
* Choking hazard: Contains small parts.
* Actual model may vary from images.
* Does not include tools, cement or paints.
* Some modelling experience recommended.